On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 10:41:32AM -0700, bpmacrae wrote:
> A big part of the reason I've been away is restoring this thing.
>
> Paid for with funds from selling my Pentax-A* 85mm 1.4.
>
> http://www.primelensphotography.com/1967_Sprite/large-1.html
>
> Good trade?

I'm envious. this page shows my '68, and then a couple of pictures
after I put the running gear into a '64 body:
http://www.red4est.com/lrc/racer_html/miscpix.html

The skinny kid in the picture is my former self.  The older
gentleman is Donald Healey.

I've been trying to get my supercharged '69 MGBGT back on the
road for years.  Everytime I start to make progress, something
interferes, like home repairs, 60 hour a week projects at work,
losing my job, someone crashing into the garage ....

I find myself missing the spridget more than the MGB though.
Once I finish the MG, I'm very tempted to buy the spridget
back from the friend I sold it to and get it back on the
road.  I'd love to replace the 1275 with a modern 1300cc
motor though. A sprite with 100-130 hp would be just about
perfect.

--
Larry Colen                  l...@red4est.com         http://red4est.com/lrc