From: Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2013 9:21 AM
Subject: Re: Normal Full Frame Zoom

Rick, I've had few FA 24-90's including one that I bought and got it
to travel to Germany and back here. All of them, no exception suffered
from the same mechanical problem. The barrel would get loose so that
when the focus approaches infinity it would move sideways (easily seen
in viewfinder with split-screen) and ultimately miss the focus.

In general I would steer away from both FA 24-90 and latest FA
28-105/3.2-4.5 only because of that mechanical flaw. If one is
prepared to focus manually, these are both fine lenses.

--
Boris