One advantage of starting with a LBC is the availability of parts.

First thing you do is send for catalogs from Victoria British, Moss
Motors & The Roadster Factory. Get yourself on their mailing list.

I'm still trying to fool myself that someday I'll have the surplus of
funds needed to repair/restore the MGB sitting in my basement. If I can
ever get it out of there, I'll have room to start on the other one.