Well trigger voltage is somewhere north of 240V, so no, I will
definitely not be attaching this to my hotshoe. I decided that a cheap
trigger is going to be what I will use this with. Flash off the camera
on a tripod is better anyways. Now I just need to rig together a
bracket for my camera. He said it recycles wickedly fast. I personally
love old manual autothyristor flashes and think they are the way to go
for better light control, but that's me. I was asking, because
apparently the PC synch socket can withstand up to 300v, but I think
you all are right that even if that were true, the flash is already
pushing dangerously close to that. I'm pretty sure when caps blow they
can discharge even greater voltages. Yeah, I thought about buying
another AF280T, but at full blast it isn't as powerful as I would like
for some things(though it is servicable), and the 6s recycle time can
be painful.