I'm glad to hear a happy ending to the story, both for you and about the Apple
Retail Store service. Those folks are human, they're not always perfect, but
they do try very hard to make sure customers have a good experience and have
their needs met properly.

On Sep 16, 2013, at 5:47 PM, Steve Sharpe <d...@eastlink.ca> wrote:

> Well, I want to retract my negative comments of earlier today about the Apple
> Store. I try to support local, small businesses as much as I can, so I took
> my iMac 27" to a local Apple retailer/service instead of the Apple Store, and
> had such a horrible experience with them that I walked out with the computer
> under my arm rather than let them touch it. Basically it was a Mac
> sales/service rep who hates Macs. I was told that if a Mac breaks then you
> usually have to throw it out and buy a new one, and they really didn't think
> they could fix my screen. When I tried to buy a few accessories (like cables,
> a Superdrive and memory), nothing was in stock and they wanted payment in
> advance before they would order anything for me. The crowning touch came when
> another customer came in and asked about Drobos. The rep said he had never
> heard of such a thing and implied by his tone that the customer was talking
> through his hat. I piped in at that point and told him that *I* knew what a
> Drobo was,
 as I had learned all about them from this cool Pentax email list I'm
subscribed to! He did not like that, and I concluded that this guy knew not
only nothing about the Macs he was trying to sell, but also nothing about
computers in general.