Target stores have the X-5, so you can check it out for yourself.

On 9/21/2013 4:27 PM, eactiv...@aol.com wrote:
Are you sure? Re: X-5, the price is great, and  it has a lot of features,
and it has that retro look. So I'd be found to find  the controls easily
enough.

Unless people aren't understanding that I  want a P&S for travel purposes.
This would not be my main camera. I've  decided to stick with Canon for
another year (just get lighter lenses). None of  the others I've looked at (on
line) really match, or come close to matching,  DSLRs yet. And, well, I am
not ready yet to switch to a whole new system, if I  have serious
reservations. Which I do. Despite the word being verbotten around  here, I've
been very
happy with Canon over the years.

Re Oly, yes, a lot  recommend the 17mm for a true compact camera on the
PENs. But the electronic  viewfinders are expensive, even if you get the camera
cheap. And I haven't  turned up any used ones yet.

Marnie aka Doe :-)

In  a message dated 9/21/2013 12:57:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,