Here is a photo of the party, taken while I was walking to it:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/9892149225/

It is pretty much straight out of the camera.  A bit rough, but for
ISO 10,000, it's not bad.  There's a bit of clipping in the highlights,
and the background is pretty much lost.

On a lark, I thought I'd see if I could pull a bit of the background out.
In the original version, you can nearly see seafoam.
So, even with my very meager lightroom skills, this is what I was
able to get out of the shot.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/9887379824/

The background is noisy, but if you look you can see the waves, and the
big rock on the beach.

--
Larry Colen                  l...@red4est.com         http://red4est.com/lrc