On 29 Sep 2013, at 14:50, "Alan C" <c...@lantic.net> wrote:

> March 2012 near Crocodile Bridge. The young wildebeest is not dead yet. It
> was soon dragged out of sight behind the thorn tree on the left. The lioness
> on the right is wearing a tracking collar. It all happened so fast, I was
> only able to get a couple of shots.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisselstroom/8049415797/lightbox/
>
> Alan

Fantastic. When I was there we thought we were going to see a kill when a lone
buffalo strolled out of the trees towards a pride that we'd been watching for a
while. They all went onto high alert, as did we, but in the end they just
seemed to shrug as if to say 'ah, what the hell'. The buffalo saw them, made
its excuses, and left.