Just fascinating, Alan! Both this and the vulture/giraffe carcass shot you posted previously.

I see turkey vultures all the time around my area, but never see them do anything beyond circling high in the sky.

And the only big cats I've ever seen were in heavy steel cages. You live in a truly wondrous place for photography.

-- Walt