> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Zos Xavius <zosxav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks legit. Lots of speculation over the bump and larger prism assembly.
> http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/238387-another-new-image-k-3-a.html

Here's my take on three notable differences between this and the K-5
series that others have pointed out:

- Slightly larger pentaprism housing up top.
I'm betting this is for a new focus system, not a "full-frame" pentaprism.

- AF MODE button on the side.
If you look at the AF/M switch, you'll notice the lack of a "C" mode.
I'm betting the AF MODE button brings up a menu of various AF modes,
such as C, tracking and that "focus peaking" feature people keep
talking about (which I have no clue as to what it is). It may also
allow for quick switching among various AF point arrangements.

- Lump under the K-3 logo.
My first inclination is to assume this has something to do with the
mechanism that flips the mirror up and down, such as a stronger motor
to make it move faster. I really don't know what it is, though. I
don't think I've ever seen anything like it on a camera before.

John