On 10/1/2013 2:32 PM, CollinB wrote:
- Lump under the K-3 logo.
My first inclination is to assume this has something to do with the
mechanism that flips the mirror up and down, such as a stronger motor
to make it move faster. I really don't know what it is, though. I
don't think I've ever seen anything like it on a camera before.
Yak shaving:  Might just be a thumb rest.

If you're holding the camera with a pancake lens, as if it were a P&S and letting it auto focus, (lets admit we've all done it), the lump looks to be positioned just right to be very uncomfortable. I guess that's one way to encourage proper camera handling.

--
A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant, and the crazy,
crazier.

     - H.L.Mencken