>Then, the front lens element was indeed not as clear. I cleaned
>it with some lens cleaning fluid/paper and it improved the
>results, though the lens is not 100% clean even now. I wonder,
>why I see mist or spots on the inside glass surface. I doubt it
>is fungus but what do I know? In any case its minimal and
>it appeared that it is not causing much harm.

Could that be moisture? My FA100/2.8 had similar problem and I thought there
was something wrong. But then the silica gel took care of it.

>  1. Not all my pics come out well exposed. Some come out very well
>     but a few are either over or under-exposed. When is the camera
>     more likely to get fooled by the lighting conditions? My
>     reading suggested areas where there is too much light (snow?)
>     or too little. I tend to take most pictures on touristy trips
>     of nature, architecture etc. and usually include my family
>     in quite a few.
>
>     The sky tends to get washed out almost always. I guess, I need a
>     polarizer for that, right? But even otherwise, pictures of
>     beautiful skies, sunsets come out very dull, drab without any
>     colors whatsoever :-( I once under-exposed and the effect was
>     much better. But another time, it wasn't.
>
>     How do you guys figure out whether the camera is correct or that
>     you need to over/under-expose?

If the prints you got was poor, it might be the lab that did a poor job. You
would be surprised to know that most labs on earth are poor. You might try
some slides when practising your skill. Fuji Sensia 100 is a good starting
point. But mind you that prints from slides are expensive.

>  2. How do I improve my "framing" capabilities. I end up taking quite
>     ordinary and boring pictures even though at the time of clicking,
>     the whole scene is much more romantic and beautiful than the final
>     result. Does this come with experience, is more of a talent than
>     skill??

Unfortunately, I have the same problem too.  ^^  I'd say it's something that
you can learn, instead of based on talent alone.

>  3. I haven't managed to locate any print film other than consumer ones
>     from Kodak/Fuji/Konica here in Bangalore, India. I usually use
>     Kodak Gold 100/200 and get the regular 4x6" size prints made. Should
>     I consider importing Supra or Fujipress or would the difference in
>     such small prints be mostly imperceptible?

These consumer films are quite good. I'd say you might keep using them until
you have gained enough experience on exposure.

>  4. How do I figure out whether my negatives are well-exposed? I look
>     at them and they do seem well exposed but the picture doesn't look
>     as bright and contrasty. Obviously I am missing something here.

If you can live without prints, shoot slides.

regards,
Alan Chan