On Oct 4, 2013, at 11:53 , Charles Robinson <charl...@visi.com> wrote:

> My F80-200 zoom took a short (1 foot) tumble to a hard floor.
>
> (It's this one:
> http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/lenses/zooms/long/F80-200f4.7-5.6.html)
>
> Now... it will only focus out to infinity if I'm zoomed to 100mm or less.  An
> 80-100mm zoom isn't very useful.

Ha!

It "fixed itself".  So I will go about replacing it casually, rather than
desperately.

Googling for my issue, I found a cached ad for someone selling the identical
lens: "zoom ring is stiff, sometimes will not focus to infinity".  Well,
shortly before the light tumble, I'd noticed, too, that the zoom ring was stiff
on the lens.  So it would appear the problem was PROBABLY not related to my
dropping it 10 inches to the floor.

It sounds like an internal issue which will probably, one day, result in the
lens not working at all.  But for now it's back to its old self.  Smooth zoom
ring, and infinity focus at 200mm.

Silly thing!

 -Charles

--