On Oct 27, 2013, at 2:43 PM, Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Use autofocus and choose a single point that you can locate on a runner's
> head as you pan. Set ISO to 800 or 1600 and shoot in TV mode at 1/500th.
> Bingo.

Thanks, Paul. [1] I’ll have to buy an autofocus lens. [In spite of my desire to
learn to focus manually, recommendations? By I guess nearly everyone’s
standards here, it would have to be cheap—very cheap.] [2] Not possible
manually?

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone,
men would die from a great loneliness of spirit."

- Chief Seattle