I brought up the Unix credo as something to be emulated not Unix itself, which I thought I made perfectly clear.

I'll cop to making a comment on your ahistorical attitude maybe. But lecturing you on UNIX? I wouldn't presume, I haven't worked on software to run under UNIX in 10 years.

You attempted to deflect, and then decided to put words in my mouth.

I thought this was a discussion of the UI on a camera? Is it that necessary that you win? Ok, you win.