Steve Cottrell wrote:

> Throwing this open to the list as there are plenty of cycle-holics on
> here. Anyone know of any decent clamp-on specially-shaped mounts for
> GoPro (or similar) cameras for attaching to expensive and sensitive
> aerodynamically contoured carbon fibre cycle frames?
>
> GoPro mounts are ten-a-penny but when you come to try and attach them
> to high-end racing bikes, not only do their riders get very skittish
> about clamping onto irregular shaped carbon fiber, but actually it's
> impossible to do quickly and easily. If I had to design it and build it
> myself, I know exactly what I need, but perhaps someone knows of a good
> starting point?
>
> Any pointers to existing web pages or images gratefully appreciated.
>
> I recently filmed an Olympic cyclist but had very little time. With my
> existing kit I could have done it, but not in the few minutes I had
> available. Woulda taken me 15 or 20 to set up. I need it to be 1 or 2
> minutes!

No doubt you have other similar replies, but I've used a short length of
inner tube (very useful old inner tubes). Wrap once around the tube and a
second time, this time fitting in a pencil or biro piece or equivalent. You
can then nip some cable ties up, and when it comes to removing it, you can
slide out the sandwiched packing part to give you room to cut the cable
ties, without any damage to whatever shape the tube is.

I did this once with mine, no evidence of anything ever being fitted.

Malcolm