On Oct 30, 2013, at 3:01 PM, Tom C <caka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In my opinion taking a lot of shots does not improve one's photography
> any more than throwing a 1000 darts at a dartboard blind folded
> improves one's game….
>
> I'm probably stating the obvious, but getting good shots is usually a
> matter of having a good eye for composition, paying attention to
> technical details, shooting in the right light, using the right tool
> for the job, knowing one's gear.

Yeah, you definitely are.

You don’t need to size up the situation? You don’t need to look through the
viewfinder? You don’t need to think about what you want to accomplish? You
don’t need to check your settings? You don’t need to think about what settings
are called for in the situation given what you want to accomplish? You don’t
need to check the results you’re getting and adjust?

How stupid do you think I am?

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"You keep on learning and learning, and pretty soon
 you learn something no one has learned before."

- Richard Feynman