Stan, I'm trying to wrap my head around 10 shots a minute for an hour and a half. That to me is a phenomenal shoot rate. In my Inside Passage trip last year in 7 days I shot a little less than 1100 images. Out of that 1100, I've got maybe around 50 that I'm keeping and maybe 10 that I consider exceptional. Granted I didn't shoot many panos and didn't bracket for HDR.

The highest number of shots/time I've ever taken was on a wolf/caribou kill in Denali where for about 3 to 4 hours I watched 2 wolves feed off a caribou carcass. In that situation I shot around 450 images but it was an extremely unique/dynamic/once in a lifetime event.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stan Halpin" <s...@stans-photography.info>
Subject: Re: White-Faced Heron