On 11/12/2013 7:24 AM, Bill wrote:
On 12/11/2013 6:10 AM, Mark Roberts wrote:

Did Nikon shooters get their panties in a bunch when Nikon was bought
by Mitsubishi in the 1970's?

No. When I pointed out on another forum that Nikon was just a Mitsubishi brand name, I was given a really long lecture about Mitsubishi's "Keiretsu", and how Nikon isn't "owned" by anyone other than Nikon. I suspect it was a Nikon fan boy, or it may have just been a pompous piece of shit. They are hard to tell one from the other. The link that Darren gave was interesting up to the point where the guy crossed out Pentax and Hoya and at that point I wrote him off as another sniveling internet fuckhead with the brains of a small rutabaga. Pity, he may have had something smart to say and spoiled it by coming across like a retarded root vegetable.

bill

Well, I can see where he's coming from. Like everyone else, my creativity is fueled by the intimate knowledge of corporate structures.

-- Walt