On Nov 18, 2013, at 9:35 PM, Bruce Walker wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Bill <anotherdrunken...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 18/11/2013 8:02 PM, Bruce Walker wrote:
>>>
>>> Bill, I HAVE one of these cameras. :-D
>>>
>>> When I Import to Lr, the preview thumbnail grid shows generic DNG
>>> icons instead of the images, so I figured it wasn't about to work and
>>> I didn't want to hit OK than have to spend 30 minutes undoing the
>>> damage that usually ensues.
>>>
>>> I'l be brave and go for it.
>>

>> Ick. I hope I haven't steered you wrong.
>
> Nope, worked fine. Thanks!
>
> So, are you seeing image previews in Lr's Import dialogue then? Maybe
> I've botched some camera setting, though I can't imagine which.
>
> So far, my quick impression of the K-3: fantastic!
> My in-depth impression: fan-fucking-tastic!
>
> Tomorrow's going to be an intense day.

Bruce, as you've probably figured by now, it is likely just a file size issue.
If I am patient enough, long enough, the usual LR import preview thumbnails
begin to show up on the screen. If there are more than a few images it can take
a very long time. I have been assuming this is a computer issue and have been
biding my time until I can buy a newer faster computer with much more memory.
Given how many other manufacturers are selling 24mb and larger cameras, LR must
be able to handle the files...

stan