On 01/12/2013 9:58 AM, Zos Xavius wrote:
I haven't done focus stacking but my general impression is that you
have to move the camera/lens to shift focus because doing so on the
lens tends to shift the magnification. So I guess its possible with
enough distance and not a lot of shift going on for this to work with
just the lens huh? For macro work I generally want to isolate a small
subject and prefer rather thin dof. Insects are the only big problems
for dof for me usually. I can see why you stacked this now. It looked
flatter to me too.

Any movement, be it the lens, body or entire rig changes the reproduction ratio. For aligning the layers, I depend completely on Photoshop's auto alignment tool. It resizes as needed to bring the layers into alignment. Otherwise, alignment would be a very, very time consuming process.

bill