On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 08:12:29PM -0400, Steve Sharpe wrote:
> So I went into Henry's in Halifax today to pick up some Ilfosol 3 that
> I had ordered and spotted a used DA* 16-50/2.8 on display. This store
> does not usually sell used lenses, but there it was, for $749.00. I
> looked at it and played with it and told them I wasn't interested. At
> that point they asked me what selling price would make me interested?
> Anyway, we started dickering and a short time later I walked out with
> the lens, having paid them $660 for it.

Congratulations!  That's a good lens, and a good price for it.

It's lucky for my pocketbook that various of the lenses for sale
on this list haven't been local enough for me to pick up and play
with.

> It seems to be in fine condition. The only problem I can spot is that
> the lens hood is loose in its bayonet, but I probably won't be using
> that, so I don't care. It comes with a 90 day warranty, so I'm happy. I
> hope to get out tomorrow to play with it.

Mine has that problem to. If you put a tiny dab of epoxy on the bumps for
locking it in place, it will tighten the hood back down again by taking out
the slop for where it attaches.

--
Larry Colen                  l...@red4est.com         http://red4est.com/lrc