Hi Carl,
I was trying to remember my experiences buying used at B&H. I seem to
recall the salesman telling me that they are not allowed to negotiate.
However, their prices are generally reasonable, and they have a lot of
nice stuff. Olden Camera, which was on Sixth between 33rd and 34th last
time I looked, also has a lot of nice used stuff, and they do negotiate.
Both stores are a lot of fun.
Paul