Zos Xavius wrote:

>Lots of vintage lenses overexpose. I have a few lenses that constantly
>are compensated with -1 EV. As long as its consistent its not that big
>of a deal. My A35-105 seems to overexpose in bright light, but as soon
>as I get to dim light it seems to start exposing normally. Go figure.

I've found the same thing, even with older Pentax lenses. I would
hypothesize that manufacturing tolerances improved over the years and
it's now economically feasible to make aperture mechanisms with an
accuracy that would have been prohibitively expensive 20-30 years ago.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com