I did the same for the same reason. Quality-wise, it's a bit worse than the 16-45, but the difference is not so obvious. The zoom range and the silent focus are true bonuses for my photography, hence I'm not tempted to get back to the 16-45 (which I still own).
Dario

-----Messaggio originale----- From: Mark C
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 12:07 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Opinions on DA 17-70 f4

I'm thinking about getting a DA 17-70 f4 as an upgrade to my DA 16-45
f4. Mostly looking for a little more reach and less gap between the long
end and the short end of the telephoto zoom that I usually carry with
it. I don't really need an f2.8 lens and, besides, they are not much
longer than the one I have.

Does anyone have any experience wit this lens? The user reviews I have
stumbled into seem to be inconsistent. Photozone.de gives it fairly high
marks...

Mark

-----
Nessun virus nel messaggio.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 2013.0.3462 / Database dei virus: 3658/6961 - Data di rilascio: 30/12/2013