I keep looking at this lens too. Not a lot of information on the list about it but you can find a review of it here.

http://www.photozone.de/pentax/408-pentax_1770_4

On 12/30/2013 6:07 PM, Mark C wrote:
I'm thinking about getting a DA 17-70 f4 as an upgrade to my DA 16-45 f4. Mostly looking for a little more reach and less gap between the long end and the short end of the telephoto zoom that I usually carry with it. I don't really need an f2.8 lens and, besides, they are not much longer than the one I have.

Does anyone have any experience wit this lens? The user reviews I have stumbled into seem to be inconsistent. Photozone.de gives it fairly high marks...

Mark

--
A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant, and the crazy,
crazier.

     - H.L.Mencken