On 02/01/2014 2:23 PM, Walt wrote:
What gets me about this story, and the many others in the same vein, is
that they all seem to completely ignore the importance of optics in
photography.

It's only important to certain snobby types who have an inflated ego and derive their self worth from how big a collection of expensive toys they have.

I can't imagine anyone who cares about photography enough to spend money
on a 77/1.8 Ltd. suddenly saying to themselves, "You know what? Screw
that. I'm getting an iPhone. That'll be good enough."

Most people don't care enough about photography to spend the money on a 77mm LTD anyway.

bill