On 1/2/2014 11:27 AM, Darren Addy wrote:
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/elements/2013/12/goodbye-cameras.html

Alright, I managed to post my first thought when I tried to delete and start over. This is the same reasoning that proclaims the end of the PC (Mac or Microsoft doesn't matter), and it's replacement with tablets, or smart phones or whatever. The PC will be replaced with only as the primary information consumption device. Content producers, (and software producers as well), will still need the power and other capabilities of the PC. Just because the majority of individuals don't need one doesn't mean that they will disappear, only that they won't be so ubiquitous.

Then again if most P&S digital cameras simply disapeared to be replaced by smart phones and tablets would most people miss them. Almost every one of them have been almost painful to use compared to a [D]SLR or high end mirrorless camera.

--
A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant, and the crazy,
crazier.

     - H.L.Mencken