Very well rendered.

...but in rendering I pushed it up a wee bit so some of the very brightest highlights are clipped. Looked better that way.

I need to keep that in mind as I usually just go 'mechanical' with the histogram in rendering during the optimization of the image from RAW. Mechanical = no clipping w/o regard to actual image.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Stenquist" <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>
Subject: PESO Undisturbed

With frigid temperatures for the last few days, no one has ventured out on our deck since the big snowfall. This morning the sun came out, so I opened the door and snapped a pic. (I have the flu, so there’s no way I’m going out there in the snow.) I metered to prevent clipping of the highlights but in rendering I pushed it up a wee bit so some of the very brightest highlights are clipped. Looked better that way. Note the bird tracks to the right of frame. i suspect a hungry critter who is used to finding a few bits on the deck was searching.

K-3 with DA 17-40/4. The lens, by the way is on loan from Pentax. I have to shoot the Detroit auto show for the Times on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. My DA* 16-50 is still at CRIS so the Ricoh marketing people sent me the 17-70 and a DA 16-45. I’ll probably use the 17-70, since the extra reach will be more beneficial than the small amount of extra room at the wide end.

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=17648235&size=lg