From: Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 9, 2014 8:05 AM
Subject: PESO Undisturbed

With frigid temperatures for the last few days, no one has ventured out on our
deck since the big snowfall. This morning the sun came out, so I opened the
door and snapped a pic. (I have the flu, so there’s no way I’m going out there
in the snow.) I metered to prevent clipping of the highlights but in rendering
I pushed it up a wee bit so some of the very brightest highlights are clipped.
Looked better that way. Note the bird tracks to the right of frame. i suspect a
hungry critter who is used to finding a few bits on the deck was searching.

K-3 with DA 17-40/4. The lens, by the way is on loan from Pentax. I have to
shoot the Detroit auto show for the Times on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. My DA*
16-50 is still at CRIS so the Ricoh marketing people sent me the 17-70 and a DA
16-45. I’ll probably use the 17-70, since the extra reach will be more
beneficial than the small amount of extra room at the wide end.

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=17648235&size=lg