Maybe http://www.spyville.com/button-camera.html

On 1/17/2014 11:09 AM, Christine Nielsen wrote:
OK, not  James Bond, CIA, wikileaks kind of spying.  (Just checking to
see if the NSA is really listening...)

More of the retail variety.  Think "double O seven eleven."

A friend is working with a company that researches price information
at various department and grocery stores for competitor businesses and
institutional investors.  They have "Mystery Shoppers" that audit
stores... usually they use an iphone to photograph/video the pricing
information on the shelves.   There are a couple of issues with this
approach...

In order to get a clear video of the pricing information on the shelf,
one has to walk at "bride going down the aisle" pace, holding the
phone steady and in the same position.  Not inconspicuous, and not
quick.  Speed and discretion are key in the spy biz.

Taking single photographs with the phone requires multiple shots in
one aisle, in order to get pricing info in clear focus at several
different points.

"Hidden camera" type setups are discrete, but controlling focus is an issue.

My friend is trying to think about what sort of camera solutions might
improve their efficiency... I suggested looking into Lytro... with
variable focus points, maybe one quick shot could capture what they
need?

Anyway... I thought this might make interesting conversation here...

Your mission, should you choose to accept it:  name the camera/set-up
you would most likely use as a spy.

This message will self-destruct in 5...4...3...2..

:)
-c