Thanks, Frank! You are correct!

Unless I'm mistaken, the '72 Thinline was the first Tele to come with dual humbuckers, and they were discontinued after about three years.

And, based on what I've heard in demo videos, it retains a surprising amount of the Telecaster twang despite the humbuckers, but still has the warmer, throatier sound than you'd get with the standard Tele setup.

-- Walt