On 17 January 2014 19:53, Walt <ldott...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Frank! You are correct!
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, the '72 Thinline was the first Tele to come with dual
> humbuckers, and they were discontinued after about three years.
>
> And, based on what I've heard in demo videos, it retains a surprising amount
> of the Telecaster twang despite the humbuckers, but still has the warmer,
> throatier sound than you'd get with the standard Tele setup.
>
> -- Walt

Fender had a bit of a spate of humbuckers in the early 70s. The Deluxe
also had them from '72. Here's mine, an original '73 model with the
Marshall custom shop '67 Bluesbreaker amp that I won in the local
hospice raffle:
http://www.mitch.myzen.co.uk/MarshallAmp/slides/_IMG4720.html

You're right, the humbuckers still produce the Tele twang in the
middle selector position and the thinline hollow body adds a bit of
acoustic resonance as well. I think you'll enjoy it!

Chris