Well, if I can't succeed in getting Photoshop's HDR feature fixed I'll
buy a copy of Photomatix, which seems to work very well indeed.

In general it's faster and more versatile than Photoshop. With one
image I haven't been able to get the tonality I want the way I did
with Photoshop (when it worked) but that may just be part of the
learning curve I'll have to aspire towards - I've only been using
Photomatix for an afternoon, after all. For 99% of what I've tried
Photomatix is clearly better. And it's *much* faster. Looks like I'll
be spending the $99.00.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com