David Brooks wrote:

 > Hi Frank.
 > Now that you have that MX,have you tried any of your
 > M42's on it.I'm having a meter problem when i set
 > mine on a K1000 and i was wondering if you were having
 > success or not.

Well,  for what it is worth,  I did a few tests on my MX and the results
are as follows.  I used the same spot of sunlit lawn for metering.  Setting
was 100 ISO.

MX with 50mm 1.7 PK-A lens  reading was 1/250 @ f5.6
MX with 55mm 1.8 Super Takumar M42 lens was 1/250 @ 5.6
MX with 50mm Meyer Oreston M42 1.8 lens was 1.250 @ 5.6
MX with Tokina preset (!) 105mm lens on PK adaptor reading was 1/250 @ 5.6

So there.  The readings are pretty consistent.  I can't tell about my K1000
since the meter is no longer able to communicate with me......

Conrad F. Samuels
Kirstenhof SA