---- Begin Original Message ----

From: "Conrad F. Samuels" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Well,  for what it is worth,  I did a few tests on my MX and the
results
are as follows.  I used the same spot of sunlit lawn for
metering.  Setting
was 100 ISO.

MX with 50mm 1.7 PK-A lens  reading was 1/250 @ f5.6
MX with 55mm 1.8 Super Takumar M42 lens was 1/250 @ 5.6
MX with 50mm Meyer Oreston M42 1.8 lens was 1.250 @ 5.6
MX with Tokina preset (!) 105mm lens on PK adaptor reading was 1/250
@ 5.6

So there.  The readings are pretty consistent.  I can't tell about my
K1000
since the meter is no longer able to communicate with me......

Conrad F. Samuels
Kirstenhof SA
-

Pentax User