On Tue, Feb 4, 2014, at 18:05, Brian Walters wrote:

> When you installed Dropbox, it should have created a "My Dropbox"
> folder somewhere on your hard disk.  Anything you place in the "My
> Dropbox' folder is automatically uploaded to your Public folder on
> Dropbox.
>
> If you right click a file in the "My Dropbox' folder, you should see a
> "Copy Public Link" item in the context menu.  I just post that link to
> the list when I want to share an image.
>
> This is for Windows - I assume it works similarly on a Mac.

on mac the folder is just called Dropbox, and nothing is public unless
you share it; the public link method you describe is one way to share
it; you can also share via the web interface

i do this infrequently enough i need to watch out for sharing a single
image vs a folder, so i test the resultant URL in a browser that is not
logged into Dropbox