Jan, only one of my Sigma lenses has OS and I don't use it as it's a
17-50mm and offeres no advantage over in body SR but it does work.
That said the electronics required to stabilize the moving internal
element still use power so the OS lenses are more power hungry then
their non-OS counter-parts.

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours