Thanks Bruce, and Gerrit.

On Mar 14, 2014, at 5:31 AM, Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Very nice light, Larry. A smooth, even spread on the background
> (which, for a cloth, is remarkably free of wrinkles!).

I keep the backdrop on some abs pipe that I hang off of pipe so that when I’m
done with a shoot I can roll the backdrop up and keep the cloth smooth.

> I do see some of the background illumination getting onto your subject
> though; visible along the (camera) right hand edges. Subject is
> perhaps a little too close to the background?

I’m not seeing blue light on the subject.  What am I missing?

The gelled strobe was about 2 feet from the backdrop, with barn doors directing
light. The subject was bout five feet from the jelled strobe and 7 feet from
the backdrop.

The light that was supposed to be the rim light ended up being a fill from
behind and to the right of the subject. Maybe for a rim light on a small
subject I should have used a gridded strobe rather than a soft box?