I'm doing a *LOT* of computer work here lately, what with the new Mac
mini, rescuing old files off of my mother's old computers & getting
ready to add another NAS to my home network.

Among other things, in line with my attempts to declutter my life, I'm
contemplating revamping my photo storage and backups with the aim of
reducing unnecessary duplication in those backups. I know I should keep
a backup here and another off site, but I've got so many backups that I
can't be sure which files are adequately backed up and which files are
excessively, even OCD backups.

At the beginning of 2013 I switched from PEF to DNG for my RAW file
format. I have PEF files going back several years before that, with the
*ist-D, the K10D and the K20D.

I'm wondering if I should use Adobe's DNG converter on all those old PEF
files, and IF I do should I still keep the PEF files?

I would be amenable to receiving reasoned arguments (yes, I *know* it's
the PDML) pro & con on the subject.

1. Should I convert all the old PEF files to DNG?
2. Should I keep backup copies of all those old PEF files, in addition
to the two backups (on & off site) I intend to make for the DNG files?
3. Some of the *ist-D files are .TIF files - can I, should I convert
those to DNG as well?