A sad misunderstanding from the early days of digital. TIFF in camera is an
8bit RGB format and essentially no better than JPEG except for the lack of
compression losses.

You can never return an RGB format to mosaiced raw data, but you can
encapsulate it in DNG. It does benefit from some standardization, but little
else.

Godfrey