With my f/4.0, I have an effective wide-open aperture of 5.6. I just tried it
in my quite dark office, got a bit of searching but nothing unusual given the
low light level and low contrast. I was actually quite surprised by how
responsive it is even in this darkness.

I don’t have a lens slower than f/4.0 near at hand - next time I have time to
play a bit I’ll pull out a 5.6 lens and see how that works out. The
compatibility chart implies that the 5.6 limit of usability still applies. (The
chart can be found as a download under the K-3 Downloads portion of the Ricoh
site.)

BTW - thanks for the info on the RRS L-bracket for the K-3; my pre-order has
been submitted.

stan