The cartridges on my Epson 3800 are pretty large and I don't print so much these days. I printed several images for the exhibit I had last month - looking at the expiration dates on the cartridges in the printer they range from 05/2009 - 09/2011. None are remotely in date. The prints looked great. Can't guarantee your cart will be fine but mine worked flawlessly, 3 to 5 years out of date.

Mark