Welcome back - nice photo set. The fourth photo in - very nice....

Mark

On 4/2/2014 2:42 AM, Tim Bray wrote:
First, do I still have to post in plain-text mode?

What happened was: In spring of 2013 I got super-busy at work and had
to cut back on mailing lists.  But hey, I left Google on St Patrick’s
Day 2014, and I’ve really missed you all. I hope nobody died while I
was away.

What else happened was: In March 2013 I was going to Tokyo on biz and
the Big Island with the family and the thought of carrying the SLR and
heavy glass discouraged me so I bought a Fujifilm X-E1 with a couple
of tiny excellent lenses, and took a buttload of pix with it and I
have to say that for a younger person getting into serious
photography, mirrorless is probably the future. They just weigh so
much less.

But... we have a cabin, and at the cabin you don’t carry cameras
around, you sit on the deck with a cool beverage on a comfy chair,
admiring the view. So my K-5 and 50-135 and ancient Tokina 400 get
propped up on knees and railings and take pix like these:
http://www.tbray.org/pdml/sspatc/

The X-cameras and Fujinon X-lenses are not actually better than any
particular Pentax, they’re just smaller and lighter.