On 4/9/2014 5:31 PM, steve harley wrote:
on 2014-04-09 13:16 Bob W-PDML wrote
It isn't necessarily their account that was hacked. Suppose my account
was hacked and the hacker started looping through each name in my
contacts and using that as the from address to send an email to each
name in the address book, you would likely receive any number of mails
apparently from people you don't know.

interesting thought; i checked the last three such Yahoo spams in my
"notable spam" folder; one of them was spoofed - not actually sent
through Yahoo; the other two of them were sent through Yahoo and have
right-looking Yahoo headers (though i haven't yet found a tool to check
DKIM on a received email)

worth noting: i've also had similar spam from acquaintances via Gmail
and AOL accounts, but with much less frequency

I'm just irked that Yahoo is F*&%%@# UP an email account I PAY FOR in
the name of stopping SPAM and I'm still getting SPAM from Yahoo.