I'm getting SPAM from Yahoo this morning. Looks like some kind of phishing. Passes the DMARC because it is sent from a Yahoo server.

ASSHOLES!

BTW, the only thing you can do is mark it as junk. There is apparently no ab...@yahoo.com address you can forward it to so the spammer can be shut down.

On 4/9/2014 12:09 PM, steve harley wrote:
on 2014-04-08 18:51 Igor Roshchin wrote
But I should mention that I understand the reason why Yahoo made that
change: the spam e-mails pretending being from Yahoo accounts have
been a huge problem recently.

i don't see this as related; i get far more spam from hacked Yahoo
accounts of acquaintances than i do from spoofed Yahoo addresses;
second, spammers spoofing Yahoo addresses will just spoof other
addresses from now on

The solution to all this mess is to overhaul the entire e-mail system
how it is designed, and to create a totally new paradigm of messaging.

i don't see email as broken; there are dozens of new paradigms of
messaging and they all get spam, and most of them are less open than
email; spam is more manageable than most of the other side effects of
strategic greed