On Fri, Apr 18, 2014, at 16:04, Bob W-PDML wrote:
> So, after last weekend's fun in the woods I've bought a purpose-built
> cyclocross frameset, which I will build up to use as an off-road-only
> bike to avoid damaging my custom Roberts audax.

i've done pretty much every thing but build wheels, but not not on a
single bike, so the abundance of used cross frames and parts on the
market in Denver has had me tempted; latest round has me sensibly
settling for a selective rebuild of my old Miyata touring bike,
currently set up 1x6 with flat bars and Ritchey Crossmax tires, with a
better drive train and beefier wheels, but as i gather he parts the
result may still be two bikes

> Here's a vid of the sort of fun you can have with a second bike:
>
> http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H9_Fs1QtsOY

yes that is fun; somehow i managed to be in Boulder the weekend of the
national cyclocross championships without going to watch; guess ill look
for a lesser local race

> The commentary is magnificent, if you can understand the accent.

surprisingly intelligible