Turns out the one that leaked from rusting internally was 10 years old.
On 4/21/2014 6:32 PM, steve harley wrote:
On Mon, Apr 21, 2014, at 15:28, John Sessoms wrote:
If you flush them out at least once a year, they'll last longer. Twice a
year is better. Helps if you've got an accessible water heater.

I figure they'll last almost 20 years with care.
ours failed at almost twenty years, but with no care; it had been in the
house about 10 years before we bought it; we replaced it with a tankless
water heater, installed outside the house; the cost was much higher, but
1) it's somewhat more economical, 2) we never run out of hot water and
3) where the water heater used to reside became a much-needed closet

--
Jeffery Johnson
Photo Captures by Jeffery <http://www.photocapturesbyjeffery.com>