Color me old-fashioned, but I think people paying more for less is a
news story.  When one observes anomalous behavior, it’s reasonable to
bring attention to it, because things that don’t fit into one’s
understanding of the world are educational opportunities.

As a camera aficionado, I’ve been pleased that the competition has
addressed the Leica pleasure points (compactness, responsiveness,
wonderful lenses) so effectively and at such reasonable cost, a bit
saddened that Leica has not been able to move forward as fast as the
competition, and curiosity about whether Leica can remain viable now
that it’s all about prestige and brand rather than actually enabling
photographers to do anything they couldn’t otherwise do.

As someone noted above, the most interesting Leica product these days
is obviously the Monochrom.  I’d love to play with one of those.