All good now - see response to BRian :-)

(I'm using Adobe elements 5.0 - don't know about bridges)

ann

On 4/25/2014 18:28, Darren Addy wrote:
I was using Adobe camera downloader and it seems to have disappeared

What do you mean by this, Ann? I'm assuming you are talking about the
Bridge command. It is under the File menu of Bridge, but if you want
it to happen automatically upon attaching your camera, I believe this
is set in the Bridge Preferences. It is possible that something
corrupted or changed your Bridge Preferences.

Or if you mean when you double-click a file/image what happened before
doesn't happen now - then you are talking about the "file
associations" for Bridge. Google that, along with your version (CS2,
CS3, etc.) to see how to change them back to what they were before.
For example:
repair Adobe Bridge file associations

You'll see lots of people talking about these being lost (or probably
more accurately, hijacked by a program you installed after).

Hope this helps.

Darren